Packing for a beach vacation can be hard, especially when you have to take your whole family into account. Use this packing guide full of advice on the best brands and items to bring with you to the beach to have a stress-free packing experience!
From bathing suits to cover-ups to dresses for dinner at restaurants on the water, these are the necessary clothing items for the perfect beach getaway!
- Bathing suit(s) (These are the top 7 recommended brands for active swimsuits!)
- Swim cover-ups
- Underwear & bras
- Sundresses/Skirts (Nordstrom has tons of cute beach dresses to choose from!)
- Light jackets/Wrap
- Running shoes/Workout clothes/Sports bras
- Water shoes
- Hats (We offer an adorable “Beach Please!” hat in coral and charcoal)
Vacation is all about pampering, which requires your basic toiletries and then some! Run through this list to double check that you have all the basic toiletries as well as some beach trip specifics needed when packing for a beach vacation, like aloe and lotion in case you get a little burned!
- Body wash
- Aloe vera gel (The brand Amara Organics has amazing ratings, and we all know how important aloe is on a beach vacation!)
- Hair straightener
- Hair dryer
- Hairbands and clips
- Hair gel
- Contacts/Contact solution/Case
- Makeup bag (We have tons of Oilcloth cosmetic bags that are waterproof, so you never have to worry about ruining your makeup at the beach!)
- Feminine products
- First Aid Kit (Here’s a complete breakdown of everything you’ll want to have in your beach first aid kit)
Now onto the exciting stuff – beach essentials! Whether it’s for fun, necessity or leisure, we want to make sure you don’t forget a single thing when packing for a beach vacation. We’ve compiled a thorough list of everything you could possibly want to bring to the beach and some of our personal recommendations on brands that do it best!
- Beach Bag (Shop our endless array of beach bags – they can even be personalized with a name or monogram in vinyl decals or embroidery!)
- Beach towels (How can you not love these adorable round beach towels?)
- Beach umbrella
- Beach blankets
- Beach chairs
- Cooler with wheels (If you have a lot of food and drinks that need to stay cold all day at the beach, a Yeti Haul Wheeled Cooler really just can’t be beaten!)
- Small portable cooler (We can’t stress how great it is to have one of these cooler bags on the beach with you, so convenient and easy to carry!)
- Beach Cart/Portable wheels
- Beach toys
- Swim goggles
- Waterproof bag for cell phones
- Smaller beach bag or drawstring bag for kids to carry
- Bag for wet clothes (You’ll never have to worry about your wet swimsuits getting soaking everything else in the bag again with these Oilcloth Zip Pouches!)
- Water bottles for everyone!
- Bottle opener
- Garbage bag/Plastic bags
- Waterproof sunscreen
- Chapstick (with sun protection)
- Insect repellent
- Hand sanitizer
- Waterproof Camera
Double check your list one last time and then let go of all of your worries and engage vacation mode. And just remember, don’t stress if you do forget something — you can always hit one of the local shops in town if need be. Happy vacationing!